General Remarks & Content
The Senior City®, Inc. website (the "Site") content is for personal and non-commercial use. The entire Content including but not limited to text, information, graphics, images, codes, audio clips/sounds, video clips, and links to external websites (the "Content") is based on provider or User Generated Content ("UGC") and is provided for informational purposes only. No information on Senior City is intended as medical, health, financial, or other advice; consult professionals for these services. Please use common sense and caution when using the Site.
Limitation of Liability & Disclaimers
Senior City®, Inc. intends for the Content on the Site to be accurate and reliable, however, the site and the Content are provided to you "as is" and "as available" and without warranty or condition of any kind, whether express or implied. In particular, Senior City®, Inc. does not control the Content provided by Advertisers on the Site and makes no representation or warranty whatsoever regarding the accuracy of the information accessible on or through the Site. Furthermore, to the fullest extent permissable pursuant to applicable law, Senior City®, Inc. disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement of third party rights, freedom from computer virus, and warranties arising from course of dealing or course of performance. Senior City®, Inc. does not represent or warrant that the functions contained in the Site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected or that the Site or the server which makes the Site available are free from viruses or other harmful components. In no event shall Senior City®, Inc. be liable for any damages whatsoever, including direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of the Site or any other site you may access while using the Site or your use of the Content, even if advised of the possibility of such damages. From time to time, Senior City®, Inc. may post topical information, videos, views & opinions of material found in movies, videos and literature that all, some or none of the user of the Senior City®, Inc. or website may find objectionable or agree with. Senior City®, Inc. takes no responsibility for any unavoidable inaccuracies in the data compiled on this site. Nor is Senior City®, Inc. responsible for any content changed for video release, special editions, broadcast, cable or satellite delivery and/or any future delivery methods. You acknowledge that any reliance upon any such opinion, advice, statement or information shall be at your sole risk.
Dealing With Third Parties
Any correspondence or business dealings with any third parties including merchants, sellers, buyers or advertisers found on, or through, the Site is solely between you and such third parties, and Senior City®, Inc. has no control over the quality or legality of the Content advertised, the truth or accuracy of any representations made by sellers, the ability of sellers to sell and the ability of buyers to purchase. Senior City®, Inc. is not responsible for any damages you may suffer by entering into such transactions including the payment for and delivery of goods if any, and any terms, conditions, warranties, or representations associated with such dealings. You and the third party, not Senior City®, Inc., are responsible for compliance with all laws applicable in any such transaction.
You acknowledge and expressly agree that use of the Site is at your sole and own risk. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold Senior City®, Inc. as well as their affiliates, directors, officers, trustees and employees harmless from any and all liabilities, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorney's fees, related to any violation of these Terms & Conditions of Service by you or users of your account, or in any way arising out of the use of the Site, including without limitation, the placement or transmission of any information or other materials on the Site provided by you or users of your account.
Prohibited Use of the Site
You shall not use the Site in any way that would interfere with it's operation nor submit any information, material or content to the Site that violates any law. Furthermore, you shall not post, upload, publish, transmit or otherwise distribute on the Site any information, material, or content that:
- Could constitute a criminal offense, including without limitation, any crimes relating to pornography, threats, intimidation, hate, assault, or fraud;
- Could defame, abuse, harass, threaten or otherwise interfere with or harm the contractual, personality, confidentiality, privacy or publicity, moral or statutory or any other rights of any person;
- Could infringe the intellectual property rights including without limitation any copyight, trade-mark, or patent, of any person;
- Could be considered as a use of the site that is contrary to law or electronic etiquette, or which would adversely impact the use of the Site or the Internet by other users, including the posting or transmitting of information or software containing viruses or other disruptive components;
- Contains any distasteful or offensive material including, but not limited do, material intended for an adult audience;
- Encourages, conspires, entices or promotes the occurrence of any of the prohibited conduct stipulated herein.
Senior City®, Inc. reserves the right to remove any information, material or content that you post, upload, publish, transmit, distribute or otherwise use on the Site at any time, at its sole discretion and without prior notice.
By approving the submission of any information, material or content to the Site, you automatically grant (or automatically warrant that the owner of the rights to such material, information or content has expressly granted) Senior City®, Inc. a perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license throughout the world to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, translate, license, transmit, distribute and otherwise exploit any or all portions of such information, material or content in any manner and media and by means of any technology now known or hereafter developed. In addition, you hereby irrevocably waive all moral rights in any such information, material or content posted, uploaded or submitted by you.
The framing, scraping, data-mining, extraction or collection of the Content of the Site in any form and by any means whatsoever is strictly prohibited. Furthermore, you may not mirror any material contained on this Site.
Hyperlinking to the Site
You may create a link (the "Hyperlink") to the Site provided that:
- you do not replicate any of the Content of the Site;
- you do not create a frame or any other bordered environment around the Site or any of the Content contained on the Site;
- the Hyperlink shall not imply any endorsement of any product or services;
- the website linking to the Site does not contain distasteful or offensive material including, but not limited to, material intended for an adult audience and pornographic material; and
- the website linking to the Site does not contain any information, content or material that would interfere with the operation of the Site nor which libels, defames, invades privacy, is obscene, abusive or threatening, infringes intellectual property laws or violates any other laws.
Senior City®, Inc. may withdraw your right to link to the Site at any time in their sole discretion.
External Links on the Site
Links available on the Site will allow you to link to websites not maintained or controlled by Senior City®, Inc.. Senior City®, Inc. provides these links for your convenience only and makes no endorsements, warranties or representations of any kind whatsoever regarding these other websites and assumes no responsibility for content on third party websites. Please be aware that you link to these third party websites at your own risk.
Copyrights, Trademarks & Other Rights
Senior City®, Inc. does not check User submitted/created content for violations of copyrights, trademarks or other rights. We invite everyone to report suspected violations together with proof of ownership. Reported violating content will be removed. All content published or otherwise accessible through the Senior City®, Inc. website is protected by copyright. The Content, and the copyright in the Content, are owned or controlled by Senior City®, Inc. or the Senior City®, Inc. content suppliers. You may only use or reproduce the Content for your own personal and non-commercial use. The Content may not be otherwise used, reproduced, broadcast, published or retransmitted without the prior written permission of the copyright holder. You must abide by all copyright notices, information and restrictions contained in any Content on, or accessed through, the Site and maintain such notices in the Content. Senior City®, Inc. is a registered trade-mark of Senior City®, Inc. in Canada. All other products, services and company names mentioned in the Site may be trade-marks of the Companies or their related companies or their respective owners. You shall not use any trade-mark displayed on the Site without the express written permission of the applicable company or the relevant owner of the trade-mark.
Senior City®, Inc. reserves the exclusive right to modify these Terms & Conditions of Service at any time. Changes and clarifications will take effect immediately. Material changes will take effect within 30 days after their posting on the Site. The posting date of each document will be set out at the end of the document. Any continued use of the Site will be deemed conclusive of your acceptance of the modified Terms & Conditions of Service.
Any service order, payment or transaction performed on or through the Site may be subject to additional terms and conditions of terms of sale. The Terms & Conditions of Service of the Site and all other documents referenced herein constitute the entire agreement between Senior City®, Inc. and you with respect to your use of the Site. Senior City®, Inc.'s failure to insist upon, or enforce strict performance, of any provision of this agreement shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right. If any of these Terms & Conditions of Service are determined to be void, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such determination shall not affect the remaining provisions hereof. These Terms & Conditions of Service shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada, as applicable. The parties hereby agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Ontario. The parties have required that these Terms & Conditions of Service and all related documents be drawn up in English. Les parties ont demande que ces termes et conditions ainsi que tous les documents qui s'y rattachent soient rediges en anglais.
Terms & Conditions for Advertisers (Listings and Advertisements) and Content Providers
1. As the Content provider or purchaser of a Listing or Advertisement, you agree that all information you provide is true.
2. Reciprocal links are not required, but are encouraged.
3. All adult websites, illegal drugs, sexual content, and illegal content of any kind are strictly prohibited, and will not be accepted for live posting on the Site.
4. All Listing, Advertisement and other Content - written text, images and video provided by you - are subject to full approval by Senior City®, Inc., and any portion of these may be edited and adjusted by Senior City®, Inc. before being posted live on the Site.
5. Listing, Advertisement and other Content submissions may be rejected for any reason at the discretion of Senior City®, Inc.. In the event that your submission is rejected and you have paid in advance, you will be issued a full refund within 10 business days.
6. Some Listings and Advertisements are purchased on a recurring payment basis; these terms will be identified at the time of purchase.
a) Upon purchase via PayPal (debit, credit card or PayPal account), your PayPal Account is charged immediately through PayPal on the day of your purchase, and is subsequently charged on a monthly, quarterly, semi-annual or annual basis thereafter on the renewal date.
b) Or, upon purchase via post-dated Bank Cheques, your cheque(s) are deposited on the date(s) indicated on the cheque(s).
c) In the case of either a) or b) above, recurring payments/charges continue indefinitely until you instruct Senior City®, Inc. otherwise, and with 10 business days prior notice of the next concurrent payment date.
7. Senior City®, Inc. reserves the right to make final decisions regarding the category or categories under which your Content, Listing or Advertisement will be posted. These decisions may change or be altered at any time in order to give your business proper exposure, and to ensure the maximum effectiveness of Senior City®, Inc. at all times for end consumers.
8. As the purchaser of a Listing or Advertisement, you agree to accurately follow all instructions and guidelines throughout the account sign up and information submission process. You understand and agree that you are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account including your password, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your account. You agree to a) immediately notify Senior City®, Inc. of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and b) log out from your account at the end of each session. Senior City®, Inc. will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this section.
9. You may cancel your Listing or Advertisement on Senior City®, Inc. at any time without penalty. Initial payments are not refundable. Please note that if you are on automatic recurring payments (PayPal or post-dated cheques), in order to avoid the concurrent payment to follow, you must cancel in writing (by email) at least 10 business days prior to your recurring billing date to avoid another charge to your PayPal account or deposit of another post-dated cheque.
10. For more information, review our Advertising Details
Cancellations & Refund Policy
The initial purchase of an accepted Listing or Advertisement on the Site is non-refundable, effective with the date the Listing or Advertisement first appears on the Site.
If you have purchased a recurring Listing or Advertisement on Senior City®, Inc., and you would like to cancel this service and the recurring/concurrent payments, you may do so by advising us in writing (by email) at least 10 business days prior to your recurring billing date to avoid another charge to your PayPal account or deposit of another post-dated cheque.
In the event that your advertisement purchase is rejected by Senior City®, Inc. for any reason prior to publication on the Site, you will be promptly issued a full refund within 10 business days.
Advertisement Review & Content Posting Policy
When you purchase a Listing or Advertisement on Senior City®, Inc. or submit other Content to Senior City®, Inc., it will take up to 10 business days before your advertisement is approved and posted live on our website.
Periodically, Senior City®, Inc. conducts routine checks of all Listings, Advertisements and other Content on the website. During such checks, should non-existent websites, out-of-service phone numbers, or undeliverable email addresses be found, Senior City®, Inc. reserves the right to remove such Listings, Profile Pages, Advertisements and other Content immediately. Given the fact that in such circumstances, email and or phone are not viable means of communication, Senior City®, Inc. reserves the right to remove such Listings, Advertisements and Content without warning or notice. In these cases, refunds are not permitted unless privately agreed upon by Senior City®, Inc. and the advertiser.